Tuesday, May 17, 2011

31 Days of May ~ Day 17

17.  Past travels and where I want to go.
I have been a lot of places when I think about it but still feel like there is so much out there to see.  I have so many places I still want to go, it's a big world out there.
I traveled the country when I was 17 on a church history trip and saw so many cool things and went so many cool places.  Here's a few...(sorry these pictures aren't very good)
Gettysburg
NYC
Times Square
 View from the World Trade Center
 The Statue of Liberty from World Trade Center
 Washington, D.C.
WWII Memorial Wall
 Washington Monument
 Lincoln Memorial
 Jefferson Memorial
 Washington, D.C temple
 Niagara Falls, US and Canada
Hannibal, Mississippi
The Mark Twain Riverboat
Palmyra, NY
Nauvoo
I went on a road trip to Canyonlands with Vicki and Jenna when we were little.
We went to Vegas as kids to our timeshare and have been a few times to visit our friends down there.
We went to San Diego for a week for our honeymoon, funnest week of my life.
My parents took us into Tijuana for the day while we were in California when we were kids, scariest hours of my life now looking back on it.  All the street vendors kept calling my sister and I "little Barbie dolls".
We missed the bus to get back into the states and it started getting dark so we had to bust our butts to get back to the border before dark.  They had little kids selling Chiclets on the streets and they yelled "money, money, money" at us as we we hauling butt to cross the border.

Places I want to go:
Josh and I are planning to go to England and Switzerland next spring, hopefully we'll really go.  I really want to take him to see Liverpool, the home of The Beatles, and want to go see London and explore the English countryside.  Josh went to Switzerland for 3 months with his friend and always tells me he wants to take me there because it's so beautiful.  While we're there I would love to stop in Ireland, Italy and see Paris.  I really want to go to Australia and see the Great Barrier Reef.  I would love to take Josh to all of the places I went on my church history trip, I would appreciate it so much more now and take way better pictures.  Hawaii would be fun and the Caribbean and Santorini, Greece.

No comments: