Thursday, December 30, 2010

Christmas Weekend Part 1

On Christmas day we went up to my parent's house for the day.  My mom had all the good munchies out for us to eat all day and she made pumpkin pancakes, they were so good.  We ate and waited around for Jade, Brittiney and the boys to get there to open our presents and while we waited Roxy and Buddy got their stockings.  Roxy gets an orangutan every year and loves it!
Roxy
Then the boys got there and chaos ensued!  But it sure was fun!  They were so excited to see all their presents.  Branson loved his dinosaur and was making dinosaur noises.
Branson dino
Gavin loved playing with the critter punch ball and the little baseball and basketball.  I love his little teeth!
Gavin
gavin
After all that was done, it was time for us big kids to open our presents from our parent's.  My dad got us each a cooler to take in the car when we go on road trips in the summer and they gave each money to go buy whatever else we want.  But my mom was sneaky this year and bought us something else.  We all had a clue as to what it was.  She had been talking about how much she wanted one for the last month or so.  I got to open the big present and it was a...
Wii!!
My parent's haven't bought a game system in a long time, since we all left home.  The last one they bought was a PS2.  So she bought this for her because she loves Mario and for us kids to have a game to play when we come over.  My mom and Mario go way back to 1985 or 1986.  I remember my brother and I watching mom play the original Mario.  We sat in our banana chairs and watched her save the Princess.  We couldn't touch the TV until my dad got home from work so she could  show him that she beat the game and we've been a video game family ever since.  
We all had so much fun playing for the rest of the day.  We did a lot of bowling and some golfing while everyone was there so we could take turns.
It was a very Merry Christmas with our family!
us
family

2 comments:

Vicki said...

We Got a WII as well and now I'm addicted to mario again it's so fun!! we even downloaded the original mario that we played when we were little. Like mario games better than those killing games for my kids :)

Treesa Porter said...

Mario is still my fav after all these years too ... although I admit I have quite a fondness for Wii Fit Plus. Hopefully I'll look a lot skinnier next year than I do in the pics this year (hate pics of myself ya know)! Was a fun day - always is fun when all you guys are here. Gavin still carries around those little balls! Cute pics. Is Josh still using his headlamp?? LOL