Saturday, October 31, 2009

Brinley's Lemonade Stand

Through the wonderful world of blogging we've found a friend of Josh's from high school. We've been following her blog about her daughter's fight against leukemia for a long time. I've never met Kristin until Saturday. We went down to Salt Lake because they were having a fund raiser at a Smith's to raise money for childhood cancer awareness. It was really fun to meet them for the first time and to see their beautiful children. Brinley is so cute and we were so happy to donate to such a great cause. That family has been through hell and back over the past year and will continue to do so for the next year of Brinley's treatment. You can read about her story here.

While we were down there we also got to go have lunch with Rosie, Josh's mom, at Applebee's. It was so good to see her. We don't see her near as much as we would like. I definitley hit the jack pot when I married Josh, not only did I get the best husband but also the best family! We also went to visit my 3 favorite kids. DJ and I played Legos, building tall towers that kept falling down. They showed us their Halloween costumes, they were so cute! I wish we could have gone trick or treating with them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so cute... love the family get togethers!!!