Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas Eve Party

We went to my grandparents' house in Brigham for the annual Christmas Eve party.
I love going to this party.  It's just one of those memories from my childhood.  I remember every  year on our way home from that party, after we played pool over and over again and played with the air hockey game and ate so much food and got our presents from our grandparents, our mom and dad would tell us to watch for Santa in the sky to  make sure we beat him back to our home.  We would see the red blinking lights of the radio towers and when we were young enough to believe them, our mom and dad would tell us that was Rudolph's nose glowing in the sky.  We  rushed home and got to open our traditional Christmas jammies and then went to bed.  My brother, sister and I would go up to our rooms but always ended up in one bed together reading stories and watching our parents bring presents in through my brother's bedroom window as we were older.
I love getting together with our family and catching up with everyone.  I was so glad my Uncle Garth and his kids came to this party this year as well.  It was great to see them again.
My cousin Ashley, the one in the black, was a baby when I was about 8 or so.  Whenever our families were together, I always packed her everywhere.  We went up to Seattle to see them one summer and she was attached to my hip the whole time.  And now she's pregnant and it makes me feel old!
And this little Bryn is just so dang cute!!  And I love that our cousins are back in our lives more so we can get to see these cute kids!!

No comments: