Sunday, April 17, 2011

Sunday Photograph {3}

Look what I found outside today...
daffodil
I love daffodils.  They look so happy to me.  I didn't know I had a couple of them that had bloomed on the side of our house until I opened the blinds this morning and looked down.  I'm still waiting for the tulips to pop their heads up.  I've got lots of them all over our yard and I'm excited to see them, that's when it's officially spring to me.
It's rained so much lately, at least it's not snow, and we've been lazy all weekend.  I've been sick for the past couple of days with a good spring cold so I've spent the weekend on the couch with my tissue.  We've watched a lot of Netflix getting Josh caught up on Season 1 of Glee.
Yesterday was finally nice and warm.  I did my glitter toes out of excitement of finally being able to wear flip flops without losing my toes to hypothermia.  We went over to Cody and Tara's for dinner.  They got a new grill and we had the first BBQ of the season!  They boys spent the night playing Black Ops and Tara and I watched the new Harry Potter, love it and can't wait for the last movie!  Tara always spoils me when we're over there.  She knew I hadn't felt well so she made me some yummy wassail to sip on during the movie.
I've loved opening the front door and smelling and listening to the rain this weekend.  It's so soothing to me.  But I'm not liking the mud that is coming in our house on my dogs' paws.
I'm excited for Easter next weekend.  We're coloring eggs and having lunch at my parent's on Saturday.  If the weather will cooperate, we're going to have an egg hunt for our nephews outside like we used to do when we were kids.  Then we'll be going to Salt Lake on Sunday for Easter dinner with Josh's family.  I love Easter and have lots of fun memories of the holiday as a kid.  We always got a new outfit or two and toys to play outside with.
I love the holidays but then I dread them at the same time.  It's fun watching our nieces and nephews and seeing their excitement but it's hard at the same time.  I want our own kids to build traditions with like my parent's did with us.  I think that's one of the hardest things about infertility, at least to me, aside from the ache of wanting a child that never goes away.  I want to build a family with my husband and have family traditions.  I love all the traditions we had as kids and my parent's do a good job of keeping them going even though we're all grown up and married.  And I want to keep them going with a family of our own.

1 comment:

Ang said...

Love the photo!