Thursday, September 11, 2008

We Will Never Forget


I will never forget the morning my mom woke me up and told me what had happened to the first tower and then watching the plane crash into the second tower. I will never forget watching them crumble and watching the people running down the street covered in dust. It was heartwrenching watching them search the rubble for people and all the friends and family members holding pictures of their loved ones frantically looking for them. I couldn't turn the news off for the whole week after it happened, I just sat and watched and cried.

I went to New York City in the summer of '99 as part of a church history trip. We got to walk down Wall Street and go up in the Twin Towers. I remember how fast the elevator took us to the top, it made me sick it went so fast. I remember walking through all the gift shops on the top floor and the restaurants. I got to look down on the streets of New York from the top and look out at the Statue Of Liberty from the roof. We were so high up. It was one of my favorite experiences of the trip. I love New York.

I am so grateful to live in such a great country. I'm proud to be an American. Sometimes we complain about the politics and this and that, but where else would you rather live? The USA is a great place to be!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

well said..

slap said...

amen!!! I still get emotional thinking about that. I remember well where I was and what I was doing. The fear and confusion!! WOW!! Luv ya

Oh yea...I can't believe you guys fell for the corvette thing!!! AS IF...:)