Saturday, August 9, 2008

5 Years!!

It's been 5 years since I walked down the aisle...


...and married my best friend!

It's totally amazing to know you have found that perfect person, who you want to spend eternity with. I feel like the luckiest girl in the world to have what Josh and I have. He is truly my best friend, I'm so blessed that I found him when I did. I was a 19 year old punk and he was 25. I couldn't believe he was that old because he looked so much younger than that and still does. We met while working at the Day Center and I was immediately attracted to his blue eyes and dark brown hair. We were friends for a while and I got him to agree to go to a Britney Spears concert with me and my little sister...we didn't end up going, but just the fact that he would go was a huge plus for me! Our first "date" was watching my best friend Jessie's little girl. Reagan had to only be about 2-3 months old, and we just drove around Logan with her screaming in the back seat. We took her to Wal Mart thinking that would calm her down...it didn't! It was not your typical first date! But one you definitely remember! Then we hung out a lot buying Christmas presents for our families. On Christmas night of 2001, I had to work an overnight at the Day Center and Josh showed up. He was wearing this blue sweater and blue hat that made his eyes pop. I will always have that image in my mind until I die! I love it! Then he decided he wanted to move to Springville. I went down to see him his first weekend there and we had our first kiss, and our second and third and so on...that weekend did it for me. I thought, "this could be it." I thought his '66 Mustang was such a cool car, I loved that he loved Jewel, and he played the guitar and sang. One time at the Day Center, he was singing and our nurse asked him to play the Hope Floats song, To Make You Feel My Love by Garth Brooks, and I was smitten after hearing him play that. I wanted him to sing to me for the rest of my life. He is just an amazing guy and I love him more and more everyday. All You Need Is Love! I love you Honey!

2 comments:

Frayer Family said...

Happy Anniversary!!!!!

Jaimee and Jason

Anonymous said...

So awesome..... guess he's a keeper!!! Hope you guys had a fun weekend. I love your wedding pictures.