Friday, April 21, 2017

It's been 4 years!

My little blog has been neglected and forgotten about for the past 4 years.  And it kind of makes me sad and mad at myself for not keeping up with it. Our lives have changed so so so much over the past 4 years.  We now have 2 babies!  Our little Lennon is now 3.5 years old and is just the cutest, smartest, funniest little boy.  And we now have our baby girl Presley, she is 11 months and is so cute and so fun!  I now stay home with the kids.  I worked full time after I had Lennon and my mom and dad watched him every day for us.  With Presley coming, I quit my job because my mom couldn't watch both of our kids and work from home at the same time and we couldn't afford to pay her what she would be losing out on with her job and it didn't make sense to put the kids in daycare and have my whole paychecks going to that so we decided I would stay home with the babies.  I quit about 5 weeks before Presley came and just passed my one year anniversary of being home.  I love being home raising my babies, it is the best!  It's hard, don't get me wrong, but I love it.  Lennon still has some time with my parents every week, he goes up there every Wednesday for the day.  We also bought a house just before Lennon was born and we have loved it.
We have also lost both of our dogs.  I get emotional and my eyes well up with tears lately every time we talk about them.  Wrinkles passed away 3 weeks after Lennon was born, at 13 years old.  She stopped eating and then stopped drinking and passed away on our living room floor while we were sleeping.  We knew she would go that night but she acted like she wouldn't go with me sitting by her.  So we loved on her and kissed her and told her how much we loved her and how much we were going to miss her and then went up to bed.  I woke up about 4:30 am the next morning to come check on her and she just looked like she was sleeping on the floor but I felt her and she was gone.  I went up to tell Josh and we both just sat on the edge of the bed and cried together.  She is buried up at my parents' house.  I wish I would have had her cremated but she loved my dad so if I don't have her body, I'm glad he does.
And Ringo passed away just a week after Presley was born, at 14 years old.  His last few months were not good.  He was losing strength in his back legs and would fall down a lot.  He would fall down the stairs and had so many accidents in the house because he just couldn't get his legs going to get outside.  He couldn't walk up the stairs and we had to lift him.  He was so skinny like his body just wasn't absorbing any nutrients anymore.  Josh and I both knew we needed to help him and the only way to help him was to let him go, to put him to sleep.  We just couldn't do it, so we let Ringo drag on for a while until we could finally make the decision to put him down.  After a particularly rough day for Ringo we knew we had to do it.  So I called the vet and made the appointment for the next day for them to come out to our house to do it.  That night we got a steak for his last dinner and he loved it.  We took Lennon up to my parents' that day so we wasn't home to see it.  Ringo just was sitting on his blanket on the couch and we just loved him through the whole thing.  It was horrible to experience just because I knew what we were doing but it was peaceful at the same time.  He growled and barked at the vet when he got close to him but after that he didn't whimper or move.  He just laid there and peacefully went to sleep.  We had him cremated.
Anyway, I'm not sure if I should go back and post all the stuff we have done over the past 4 years or if I will just start from now and move forward but I'm excited to start blogging again.  Josh and I have talked about my blog many times and that I should start up my blog again, but I haven't done it but now I'm excited!  It's our little diary and now we have our 2 babies to add in!

No comments: