Sunday, April 20, 2008

Elizabeth's Dance Competition

Yesterday was Elizabeth's first dance competition and she did so good!! I was so proud of her. We had to be there at 8 am and she got done with her last dance at about 3:30 pm. It was quite a long day for a 5 year old girl but she was so good about it. She did a solo and rocked it!! She took first place and was just so cute! It didn't even seem to scare her at all. She was so confident and was excited. The other 3 dances she was in all got a first place score, too!

We took DJ with us because he wasn't feeling well and we didn't want to leave him at day care. He wasn't really into it for the first hour or so but then he started feeling better and was clapping for all the girls. After a couple of groups did some tumbling he kept saying "Me turn, Me turn!" He thought it was so cool.




Elizabeth's solo (pause the music on the music player)


I can't wait to watch her dance through the years. She will just get better and better!


I love dancing so much. It is such a part of who I am and I am so passionate about it. I am so glad I have Elizabeth to watch!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Elizabeth did ROCK it! Way to go girl! We are so proud of her.

Maya and Trey Davis, Petaluma, CA

Benjamin said...

Josh is a great dancer too, especially when he puts on the leotard. He may try to pretend like his dancing days are over, but the two of you should enter a competition together so you don't have to live vicariously through Elizabeth! I can't way to see it posted!!!