Monday, October 27, 2008

What A GREAT Weekend

I went to Sandy on Saturday for a long over-due stay with Shannon and the kids. It was so fun seeing them. DJ and I had so much fun together, he just loves to play, play, play. We played with the legos and built a dog and a dog house for the dog and raced cars. Shannon and Arnold went out to dinner while I stayed with the kids so we went to get some dinner and then went to Maggie Moo's to get some ice cream. It was yummy! Then we back home to watch a movie together. I love love love spending time with them and I miss seeing them all the time. DJ is so big, I can't believe it! He is my best buddy!:)
Then I was supposed to go home early Sunday morning to make it back up to Franklin to have family dinner before my brother and sister-in-law went in to be induced at midnight, but that's not exactly how things worked out!

I got a text message from my mom at about 8 am saying that Britt's water had broke and they were on their way to the hospital!! So I waited around to find out how far along she was when they checked her out. I got to the hospital around about 12:30 pm. She was just getting her epidural. After that she moved along pretty well. She had a blessing at about 4 pm or so because she was having some pain and Branson was posterior, so he was looking up instead of down. Britt was kind of scared but he turned on his own and Brittiney did great and by 5:34 Branson was born!!


It was so awesome to be there for the whole thing, amazing!! He weighed 7 lb 3 oz and is perfect! He is so cute and we all love him so much! I could just eat him up!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's so awesome!!! I'm glad everything worked out ok!! He is so cute.

Jessie said...

Such a cute baby, it really is an amazing experience. Glad you got to be there! You'll be the best auntie ever...

Missy Ann said...

Now that is a beautiful baby! Isn't is awesome to be in the room when a baby is born, there is nothing like it in the world. Congrats to everyone! Especially the new momma!

slap said...

AHHHH!! I'm a great Aunt againg. Love those babies!!! :)

Shar said...

What a cutie! Babies are so squishy. I want to bite them, but in a good way.

sheena said...

yay for new babies!!